So here's a goofy item I stumbled upon today. (Others of you, I realize, have known about this for some time.)
Here's the situation:
- You are using Data Validation to restrict input for a particular cell to items from a list (Data --} Data Validation --} List).
- You have the "Ignore Blanks" option checked.
- The list you are referencing is a Named Range.
- The list you are referencing contains one or more blank cells.
Three simple options to fix:
- Uncheck the "Ignore Blanks" option.
- Don't have any blanks in your Named Range.
- Don't use a Named Range.